Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A spider's welcome

Welcome, said the spider, welcome to my web.
Be careful though, she said to me, you may be in over your head.
I will try my very best, and with your help, I am sure,
To navigate your twisty web and in the end endure.

Join me as I start out on my voyage to explore Web 2.0. I will investigate and use tools that will make my personal life and professional life easier. I will also look for tools that I can use to help students' and teachers' learning expand.  In Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms (2010) Will Richardson states that:
"we must become connected and engaged in learning in these new ways if we are to fully understand the pedagogies of using these tools with our students." (p. x)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hungrybrowser/2879853255/
The goal of this blog is to allow me to personally connect and learn with Web 2.0 tools. By becoming fully immersed in an online world myself, I will be able to guide and direct teachers and students as they forge ahead as well. Joyce Valenza, in her Manifesto for 21st Century School Librarians, clearly indicates the direction today's teacher-librarian is heading. To remain a connected and valuable part of the school, the teacher-librarian must jump in with both feet. Let's hope I don't get caught in the web!

Richardson, W. (2010). Blogs, wikis, podcasts and other powerful web tools for classrooms (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Corwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment