Thursday, February 2, 2012

What's in a list?

Lists of the tweets asks the spider of me?
Is that like putting your web in a tree?
Lists for the things that I like to learn,
To keep things in order before my eyes start to burn! 

OK - so I took my first step to organizing what is going on in Twitter with the creation of "lists" within Twitter.  We shall see how this works.  It took me about 30 minutes to get the lists created, so hopefully it will be useful.  I created five lists - four based on the major topics that I follow and one "random" list as a catchall for other things (news, sports, family, etc.).  Some of the people I follow are included in more than one list.

My plan is to work with Twitter for about a week or so using these new lists.  This will give me an idea as to whether or not it is allowing me to manage the information better.  Then, I will give one of the desktop or online platforms a try.

Here is a quick video on how to set up lists within Twitter:




References:

Freeman, S. (2012). How to manage your Twitter feed. Retrieved from http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/tips/how-to-manage-twitter-feed.htm

Twitter. (2012). Twitter Help Center: How to use Twitter lists. Retrieved from https://support.twitter.com/articles/76460-how-to-use-twitter-lists

No comments:

Post a Comment