Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweeeeettt!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard my bird friends who often say tweet,
A pleasant sound, it is always short and sweet.
These tweets are quite different, I say to my friend,
Though they are always very quick to get to the end.

One of the things I would like to explore with this inquiry project is how to get a better handle on Twitter.  I began following Twitter last year at about this time.  Right now I am following 94 other people, which really isn't many compared to some others who follow hundreds or thousands.  However, I find it quite overwhelming and difficult to keep track of what is going on.  I am looking for something to streamline the information that comes to me via Twitter.

I know that Twitter has some internal functions to organize things better and their are also applications like Tweetdeck and Hootsuite that can help with this process.  I also just found out about Seesmic Desktop, so I will need to check it out too.

Stay tuned!  Hmm . . . just a quick look to create the hyperlinks showed me that some of these can manage other social media info as well.

References:

Brogan, C. (2009, August 14). How to manage Twitter [Web log message].  Retrieved from http://www.chrisbrogan.com/how-to-manage-twitter/

No comments:

Post a Comment